Wednesday, February 6, 2008

socks are done, and a wonderful surprise !!




well good news, and awesome news .....

Good News ~ Jacobean socks are done, and on my feet. they are too big for DD (gee, that's a shame !!), and a wee bit long in the foot for me because I wanted to co-ordinate the middle of the diamond patter with the heel turn ... but I dont mind, I'm sure they will shrink a wee bit in the wash

Awesome News ~ ok, DD and I have been assigned our 2nd "Chosen Soldier", Cpl Miller. well we sent him off 2 stuffed boxes for Christmas. one to be opened when he got them, full of pre-Christmas tacky, and lots of treat. the 2nd box was marked "no not open until Dec 25" and was more treats and some Christmas pressents. we hadn't heard anything back saything that he's received the parcels, so I was getting worried ... but then DD phones me at work. "were you expecting something from Canada Post?" it's covered with stamps and turns out to be from Kandahar ... OH MY GOSH .... what a wonderful surprise, WE got a pressent. he send us the most beautiful table runner & table cloth, and he couldn't have picked a more perfect colour for our living/dining room area !!! they are almost too beautiful to use, and I'd kill anyone that spilled on them ... so I'll use the table runner for sure (you can see a pic of it on my coffee table), but Wendi suggested that we hang the tablecloth on the wall (it's huge, see half of laying on my chesterfield), as it will look lovely over our chesterfield.

No comments: