Thursday, February 21, 2008

An Evening of Knitting & Total Eclipse of the Moon

tonight was great ..... Wendi and I had our regular every-other-week meeting with the Burl-Oak Knitting Group from Ravelry at Artisano Bakery Cafe. as always, the company was great, topics were varied and food was excellent. this week was a treat, as it was our first Wednesday meeting. up to now, the group has been meeting on Thursdays, which works for the most part. Wendi's DD has been enjoying her knitting and wanted to join us once in a while, but unfortunately is unable to come on Thursdays due to dance class. we all know that you cant make everyone happy, so we're going to try meeting Wednesday this week, Thursday in 2 weeks, then Wednesday the 2 weeks after that (etc.)

oh my gosh .... it was brutally cold, but the sky was absolutely clear. perfect conditons to watch the total eclipse of the moon ... and it was stunning !!! (this is an actual picture of the eclipse from last nite ... but I didnt photograph it myself, I "borrowed" it from the interent).





after getting home from an enjoyable evening with the ladies, I spent the next couple of hours cataloging my huge stash of craft books, magazines & patterns. I was able to enter all of the ones I worked on into LibraryThing, unfortunately most of them were added manually so there is minimal information and no cover images (yet). I also updated my stash-to-go blog, noting that I have updated my library, for what's available if anyone is interested in buying or trading for what I have.

knitting update:
Civil War Shawl ~ finished week 5 !!!
Anisette Wrap ~ working on pattern repeat 2/18

No comments: