Wednesday, February 13, 2008

3rd snow storm in 3 weeks, but it's not all bad

well, we're digging out of our 3rd snow storm in as many weeks. I was really good at timing for the last 2 and was able to work from home and avoided most of the ugly associated traffic, unfortunately this one I wasnt quite as lucky. it took me over 90 minutes to drive my usual 20-30 minute drive, and another hour to dig ourselves out this morning. the drive in wasn't great, but could have been worse, and the school busses weren't cancelled this time so DD went off to school

well, because of the storm last night, it was decided not to tackle the highway again to take DD to dance. this made for a nice relaxing evening of a homecooked chicken pot pie dinner, and a night of knitting. I finished the 1st section (rows 1-27) of my mohair Anisette Wrap project. it's really turning out lovely, I cant wait to see how the next section is going to look. Tuesday is also the night when Wendi & I start our next week/section of the Civil War Shawl together. we weren't together in body, but were together in spirit. I stopped at row 74 before calling it a night.

ok .... thru sleet and snow and rain and hale and dark of night etc. ok you know the postman thing .... well he came thru just fine for me. I received a package from my Ravelry World Yarn Swap buddy, Kat in Mississippi. she sent me some beautiful hand dyed yarn from a local shop, and a scarf pattern to go with it. I'm really looking forward to knitting it up. I've never worked with this type of yarn before. It's so soft, and the colours are perfect for me !!! Kat was also thoughtful and sent some "plastic yarn" for DD and included a pattern for a belt or bracelettes. I dont know how Kat knew that red was her favourite colour, but DD was thrilled !!! filling all the spaces was all these wee happy-face candies, that hopefully I can get into before DD gets at them all. Thanks so much Kat .... you made my first swap very special !!

2 comments:

E said...

I love swaps. Looks like you got some great stuff. :)

Paula said...

You are the first fellow knitter/piper I have found in blogland. I came to your site via The Knitted Squirrel.