Sunday, January 27, 2008

World Yarn Swap & Civil War Shawl



well, yesterday was a busy day .... knitting wise.


World Yarn Swap ~ I was finally able to find the perfect yarn to send Kat, my swap buddy. I needed a yarn from Canada, but she's allergic to wool ... so that make my search very tough. well, I found the perfect thing ..... it's hand-dyed from Nova Scotia ... I don't want to give any more away, in case she reads my blog ..... but I fell in love with it and I hope she does too. so, it's all packaged up, and ready to go. it should be leaving the Burlington PakMail store on Monday (Wendi ~ thanks for all your packaging help !!)


Civil War KAL ~ after a busy day of errands and mailing packages I settled in for the evening to a pasta dinner and glass of Niagara Merlot ..... and my newly arrived cone of Jaggerspun. it took a couple of cast-on attempts, and the decision to toss the double points and work with circular needles using the "magic loop" method ... but I got the first "section" of the Civil War Shawl done (rnd 29). the wool is just lovely to work with, and so far the pattern is fairly simple. I was able to knit and watch "Pretty Woman" without messing up the pattern.

No comments: