Sunday, January 13, 2008

Merry Christmas ??


well, it was for my family last night when we met at my Uncle & Aunt's place for our annual (post) Christmas dinner. My parents stopped by my place first, to meet the newest member of our clan, a cat that had been hit by a car and taken to the vet where my daughter works ..... it didnt have a home, and now it does. then off we went to my Uncle & Aunt's house. my Uncle is my Mum's brother, and I was named after him, so he has always been very special to me.


ok, and here's where the knitting connection comes in ..... I finished their present before I started blogging, so I get to brag about it now. after last Christmas's dinner with them, I really wanted to find something "extra" for them this year .... I went thru all my books and found an absolutely beautiful aran cable afghan. it seemed to take for ever, as it was frogged a couple of times before being completed .... but I'm pleased with the results, and they seemed very happy last nite with it also. it should have been knitted in 3 panels and sewn together, but I hate doing that, so frogged most of it out and started again, on a long circular needle and knitted it all at the same time. my Aunt loves to sit and read, and they have a beautiful cottage with a great glass door over-looking the lake .... it will be perfect to keep her warm while they are relaxing either there or at home.


family is the most important thing to me in the world ... and I've been blessed with a wonderful family (both blood members, and extended/chosen family members).

No comments: