Friday, January 18, 2008

World Yarn Swap

well, yesterday was very exciting .. I joined the "World Yarn Swap" on Ravelry. there was no one left for me to partner with, so I was going to be left out until the next round ... that is until, Kat asked to join in also. as it turns out, we got in just under (ok, maybe a wee bit over the wire) but were accepted and are doing the swap together.

Kat is from Mississippi, and is a fairly new to knitting and Crochetting. she has both dogs and cats, so I think we'll get long just fine !!. we have exchanged a number of e-mails now, and I'm really looking forward to doing this with her.

She doesnt have anything particular from Canada in mind, so I'll check out my LYS and look for something special for her. (dont want to say too much, and give away any secrets, just incase she checks out my blog)

WIP status
  • shetland shawl ... finished all the pattern repeats I'm going to do, and am on row 7 of the 14 edging rows. then all I have to do is figure out how and where to block it.
  • jacobean socks ... still working on the first pattern repeat. have been concentrating on the shetland shawl, so that I can get it done by the time the wool for the Civil War Shawl KAL comes in
  • knitting tote ... for my favourite (and only) MIL. well, I've been really remiss in getting it done. all I have to do is the cording and tassels, but I've been putting it off until we get together and I can give it to her ... think I'll have to take care of that this weekend.
  • highland argyle socks .... ick !!! absolutley no status update. haven't touched them in months. it's not that they are hard, but with all the different balls of wool hanging off, they are a pain in the arse to knit without getting everything all tangles.

1 comment:

A :-) said...

Visited your blog from Knitted Squirrel's because I'm a piper, too! :-D All your projects sound great.