Friday, January 4, 2008

Welcome 2008 !!!

Well, I survived Christmas and New Years !!!! WOO HOO !!!! NewYears for us is totally opposite from Christmas. where our Christmas is nice and quiet and relaxing, New Years is bedlam !!! this year there were a dozen teenagers downstairs, friends and neighbours upstairs, and 5 dogs running between the 2 groups and outside. Steel (Hasia's puppy-kitten) was unsure where he fit in, but my daughter's new cat BK ("broken kitty") had no problem coming around to push the dogs out of the way so she could get some attention from all the guests or into the dog food and water dishes.

This year is going to the year of de-cluttering. one day last week I say a dresser I liked on KIJIJI, then a chest of draws, then a headboard. at the urging of my knitting-buddy Wendi, I arranged to purchase all 3 pieces and placed my head/foot board & bedroom set for sale on the same web site. after being on my own for 7 years now, I'm thrilled to finally be replacing the bedroom furniture that I had when I was married. this time it's going to be just mine, and I'm really excited. I picked up the chest of drawers & headboard on Saturday, and they are in place. my head/foot board is sold and delivered. hopefully my bedroom set will be sold in the near future. if all goes well, I'll be picking up my "new" dresser this weekend.

now comes the work ..... cleaning out my closets and old dressers of 30 years worth of clothes. between sweaters from the 80s and hand-me-downs from my Mother-In-Law, I have far too many clothes, most of which I either haven't worn in a coons-age, or shouldn't be wearing (or so I've been told). apparently I also have to get rid of anything that looks like someones Grandmother would be wearing the same thing. so far, I've gone thru my 1980s sweaters and half of one closet ... and have BAGS of stuff for charity.

between Christmas, New Years, recovering from them, playing "musical bedroom furniture" and trying to purge my bedroom there has been almost no time for knitting. even work has been busy, with no lunch time breaks where I can get a few rows in. I'm still trying to get my daughter's socks done, hopefully this weekend as I only have the cuff to finish.

oh ... and seeing as I'm on the topic of knitting, my Friend Wendi found a great knitting club, 2008 Woolgirl Sock Club, that we've both requested to join. Wendi has been accepted, but I'm still waiting to hear. wish me luck !!!

Cheers!

No comments: