Sunday, April 6, 2008

we have knitting !!!! ...... and wine :)




so Pat at Cardiknits is my new hero. I don't feel too bad though, it took her a few unsuccessful cast-on attempts before we finally discovered a method that works with my machine. with her help I knitted this teddybear's hat (or at least it will be when I sew up the side seam), and we went thru and made this "mini-stocking" (don't quite understand how it's to be grafted together, but at least i got the idea). I picked up a "reasonable" cone of "practice yarn", and a couple of books for me to try out ... then I spotted a cone of really cool marrelled yarn, and decided to buy it too !!!

OH MY GOSH ... the weather has been absolutely marvelous this weekend .... and there's no better way to spend a lovely weekend than knitting, being with friends and drinking wine ... and that's how I spent this weekend.

Today was the Wine & Cheese Show in Toronto. fortunately, it was in the same building as the Motorcycle Show, that Wendi's DH was interested in. last year, the three of us went to the wine shoe, but as Wendi isn't (or should i say WASN'T) a big wine drinker, that allowed her DH and I to enjoy ourselves and she would be the d.d. ..... this year, DH went off to his show, and just us girls went off and enjoyed a dram or two (or 20) of wine. some good, some not so good, but we found a couple of excellent ones that we decided to re-visit for numerous taste test (just to make sure that we liked it). for the most part, we were trying local vineyards, but discovered a wonderful white from Germany, and I have a new favourite red from Australia. on the way home, we had Wendi's DH stop off at the big new LCBO in Milton, where we picked up a couple of bottles of our new favourites !!!

don't know if it's a really good idea (under the circumstances) ... but I'm going to head down stairs tonight, to re set-up my knitting machine, and see if I can actually use the thing without supervision (but if I cant, I'm blaming it on the wine)

No comments: