Saturday, April 5, 2008

DogGuide Open House, A Reunion & Knitting Lessons






well, the Anisette Wrap is done, blocked and dropped off. oh my gosh, I'm SO pleased with how it turned out (as you can tell by the number of pics I've included !!). not much more to say about it. I stopped by the foundation this morning while everyone was getting ready for the OpenHouse, and handed it off. I'm looking forward to hearing how much is brings in ..... if you're in the Oakville area today, please come by and BID HIGH !!!

well ..... I decided it bring Betty with me on the short trip to the foundation. she left the DogGuide program last August, so has been back home for less than a year. Betty's Trainer, Brenda was wonderful, and truly loved her. we get to the Foundation, park, get out and are walking around talking to friends, seeing lots of people and DogGuides (in various stages of their training ... from young puppies thru to ones ready to graduate). as we're walking down the hall toward the lounge, I see a number of trainers gathered, and there is Brenda ... they all see & greet me, but I wink at Brenda .... "OH MY GOSH, that's not who I think it is, is it ??!!" Betty had been as good as gold up until this point, walking so well, and not really being distracted by any of the other people or dogs ..... that is until she smelled Brenda's hand. WELL .... she started wagging, and jumping up ... i dont know who was more excited Brenda or Betty. Even Leah was happy (the Senior Trainer for Betty) to see Betty and got lots of kisses in return. it was wonderful to see how happy Betty was to see Brenda (and visa versa, of course). I think the only person that Betty would happily leave DD and me for would be her Brenda ... and I suspect Brenda would take her in a heart-beat.

OK ... enough goofing off .... time to jump in the shower and get headding out for my day. going to stop by PakMail to see Wendi for a bit, then it's off to Hamilton. I have a knitting machine lesson @ 2:00, and will hopefully be able to fit in a coffee with my Mum sometime while I'm in the area.

2 comments:

murdo said...

Your Anisette is beautiful, seeing this is fate as only yesterday I saw a Guide Dog, the first I had seen in several years. Hope your openhouse got lots of high bids!!

Paula said...

Your Anisette is gorgeous! I love the pattern and the color as well. Congratulations on a job well done.