Monday, March 31, 2008

Anisette Wrap ~ done and ready to block


WOO HOO .. the wrap is cast off and ready to block. I'm really pleased how it turned out (I've hung it in the window for this pic, so you can see the pattern) and the colour is really pretty. I'm kind of hoping that the blocking de-fuzzes it a wee bit so the pattern will show better.
will keep everyone posted after blocking.
I'm in 2 swaps right now .... my World Yarn Swap partner is Roseanne from Australia. we're supposed to send "local" yarn to our partners, with the thought that they probably dont have it easily available to them. I'm pleased with what I've got for Roseanne, although I cheated, and am sending something not from Canada (but my LYS assured me that this yarn is not available in her part of the world). there will be Canadian content, of course, but I couldnt resist this imported yarn. the deadline to send out our swaps is April 1st ... BUT, I've order something on-line and waiting for it to be included in her parcel. I still have today and tomorrow before I'm delinquent, so everything should be ok.
I'm also taking part in a "Sinister Swap" ..... this sounds stranger than it is .... it's for left-handed people. what fun !!! (any excuse for a swap). my partner is Kandace from Montana, and we've seemed to hit it off right from the start. OH MY GOSH .. what is it with knitting people without a blog ... the ironic thing is, Kandace doesnt have a blog, but she sent me the link to her puppy's web page !!! (now MY puppies are jealous ... ok mama, why dont WE have our own web page ??!!). our original agreed upon limit was set low, but after chatting and lurking thru each others on-line lives, we've agreed to up things .... woo hoo, this makes it way more fun. a wonderful excuse to go shopping some more !!! I have some things picked out for her also, but have a special request that I'm going to hunt down for her before I package everything up to send out. we have until April 11 to mail out our parcels, so I still have lots of time to keep looking for treats :)

No comments: