Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thoughtful daughter, surprise from a new friend, CWS week-6















are these not the most beautiful roses you've ever seen ??!!! I was not feeling well on Sunday, spent a good part of it sleeping and/or in bed. to make the day worse, good friends who had moved out of town were in for the weekend, and supposed to come for a visit ..... but about an hour after they were supposed to arrive, they phoned to say that they couldn't make it. my feelings were torn, hurt that they coudn't make the time to visit us for a bit, but kind of releaved because I didnt feel well. DD took it very hard. she had gotten her knitting out for the first time in ages, and after the phone call, gatherered it all up and thru it on her desk. we had all been friends since the girls were in Kindergarden, and it really hurt DD that they couldnt find even an hour for us. we ended up going out to rent a couple of movies to cheer us up, while in the grocery store, DD said she wanted to go look at something while I was checking out. as I'm loading the cart after paying, she arrives with a bouquet of the most beautiful roses. I have been blessed with a wonderful daughter !!!


Tuesday, and just in the nic of time I finished week-6 of the Civil War Shawl. I fell behind was I was concentrating most of my time getting the socks for my cousin finished. thanks to the fingers of DD and her friend, I tried to take a picture .... but it's getting too big for the circular needle to get a decent picture that shows off how the pattern is evolving. you'll have to trust me, it's just beautiful !! so, I'm all ready to start week-7 with Wendi tonight !



THANK YOU CHARLIE !!!! I have a new lovely friend from the UK. she posted in Ravelry looking for some Canadian hand-dyed wool. I was able to find some for her from my LYS and contacted her. she asked for one colour in particular, but said she's love a second skein. so I found the one she was looking for, and send her another one I found as a surpirse. Charlie paid me for the one skein, but we agreed to to swap pressies for the 2nd skein. on Tuesday, I received a package from her ..... OH MY GOSH, it's absolutely lovely !!! YarnAddict Yarns presents Merino Lace. the colour is called "fantastique" and is just beautiful, and the wool so soft. I've spend a good part of my spair time going thru patterns to find just the right thing to make. I'll keep everyone posted on what I find.

No comments: