Friday, June 27, 2008

Graduation Night !!

No knitting for me last night. Although I was disappointed to miss out on our “sketchy knitter’s night”, it was well worth it !!!! I’d like to announce the new CVC team of Terry & Wolf. Wolf is the 3rd of my grand-puppies to graduate from the Lions Club DogGuide Foundation of Canada (Waltz & Wonka both graduated from the SSD program). Ironically, their Mum Hasia was originally trained for SSD, and after she retired from the breeding program went into CVC training before she was retired for good and came back home to me …. So I guess it’s in their blood !!


Terry seemed like a very nice lady. I also met her Daughter & Grand-daughter, and her entire family seemed so proud of her. It looked that although Wolf was happy to see is foster family again, she’ll be well loved and looked after in her new home with Terry.


I haven’t seen Wolf in about a year. I happened to be at the Foundation one day, to pick up Hasia and it was heart-worm testing time. A man walked down the hallway with a black lab (a common occurrence there). Hasia, who prefers the attention of people to dogs, starting barking and straining towards this other dog. It was very strange behaviour for her. I was chatting with some of the staff, and and I had to stop and correct Hasia … then I heard Sam say something about “a wolf”. OMG, it dawned on me … it was “our” Wolf !!! Hasia knew it was one of her puppies !!!

It was a great reunion. Hasia kept Wolf in her place, and I had a great loving session with her. Neither of us had seen Wolf since she was about 8-weeks old and went off to her new foster family. It’s amazing …. With all the dogs that we have go thru our place, and they can do just about anything to Hasia …. But let one of her puppies get out of line, and oh boy, are they in trouble !!! anyone who thinks that dogs are just “dumb animals”, you don’t know what you are talking about ….. even after 2 years, and not seeing her puppies since they were 8-weeks old, if you put Hasia in a room full of labs, she’d herd out her babies without any trouble.









Hasia was a great Mum, and was bless with 10 wonderful puppies !!!


5 Black Females

  • Wags
  • Wave ~ DQ’d
  • Wolf ~ CVC with Terry
  • Whim ~ working as companion dog @ Senior Residence
  • Waltz ~ SSD with Katie

1 Choc Female

  • Walnut

4 Choc Males

  • Willy ~ R.I.P. L
  • Wonka ~ SSD with Fred
  • Windsor
  • Wilbur ~ DQ’d

No comments: