Friday, October 26, 2007

Happy Birthday and a sad farwell


well ... it's a day filled with mixed emotions. Today is my good friend's Birthday (happy 30 12), but unfortunately we also said good-bye to my Parent's cat Suzie.


Suzie was a miserable, cranky old puss. she was great with me, until the day I brought my baby girl home in her wee car seat .... from that day on, she hissed at me every chance she got. that being said, she was with my parents for a good 20 years, and was a much loved member of the family. as cranky as she was, complaining first at me bringing my daughter into the family, then when I started bringing my dogs ..... she eventually learned to tolerate my daughter, and ironically looked for my dogs when ever I came to visit (especially Hasia ... who she'd go nose-to-nose with at every opportunity). the strange thing, she never hissed at the dogs, she never hissed at my daughter, but for 16 years she hissed at me every time I came round !!!


Happy Birthday Wendi

R.I.P. Suzie ... God Bless, we'll miss you.

No comments: