Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sock Wars IV

Sock Wars IV The largest, bloodiest, extreme knitting tournament in the world. the dossiers for each target have been sent out to their Warrior Assassins, while our "Pages" (i.e. children, husbands, pets, etc) ready our weapons (knitting needles, stitch markers, row counters, conversion charts, etc), and ensure that we are not distracted during the battle with mundane things (i.e. Mum drive me here, Mum what's for dinner, Mum the dog just ate the cat, etc)

my Target:
"PatchWorkBumbleBee" is from Michigan .... another American to die at the feet of my knitting needles. it's going to be like the War of 1812 all over again !!!. it's a shame too, she seems like a nice person, and this is her first Sock Wars ..... I'm sure it will be hard for her to die so quickly & painfully, but she's chosen a nice colour of yarn, so I hope she enjoys her early death !!!!!

my Assassin:
"IPakosh" is an Ex-Patriot .... who, ironically lived only blocks from me before she had to flee from her homeland. when asked if I'm at all worried about her being a threat .... I laugh in their general direction *HAA HAA* !!! I have no concerns about her being able to complete her mission, and send me my death socks ..... right now, she's probably sipping a rum punch, while lounging in a recliner on a white sandy beach, overlooking the blue ocean .... so do I fear her, NO WAY .... do I envy her, OH YEA !!!!!

Teams:
this year there is a new facet to the fighting ... warrior assassin teams !! I was able to gather 3 of my sketch knitting friends and get a team together, and so "Team Sketchy" was born. myself, Knitted Squirrel , Vaedri and Loki are out for blood together. Warrior Heather has also joined in the fighting, but as our other Sketchy friends were not SKETCHY enough to join up, our poor Heather will have to battle on her own :(

R2Sock2 ~ this mediocre team of warrior-knitters has been assigned us as their target. they seem like a lovely group of ladies, and I have to admit, it's hard to trash talk Marion, who like myself is also a DogGuide Foster Mum .... but that being said, I'll be cheering on the LI team from the U.S. to kick their butts (before they get a chance to take out all 4 of us)

The Shocking Stocking Killers ~ an International group of knitters (2 Canadians & 2 Americans), that will hopefully be dying a VERY quick death by the Team Sketchy !!! it's a shame that we'll have to be taking out fellow Canadians, but that's the spoils of war !

the battle begins on Friday May 15, 2009 ... let the carnage begin ..... MWWWWAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAA !!!!

May 22, 2009 .... Kill #1 as "PatchWorkBumbleBee" falls to her sketchy pair of Insidious socks!!! to help her family thru their time of mourning I also included a box of yummy maple sugar candy, and some ladybug stitch markers (there were the only "insect" stitch markers that I was able to make).




June 1, 2009 .... it is with great sorrow that I post the detail of my demise. I believe that I was the last of "Team Sketchy" to be killed, but fortunately there is still one stealthy Sketchy Warrior still alive and kicking !!! as much as I'm sorry to be dead, I couldn't have been killed by a more lovely pair of socks. "IPakosh" also included some lovely wee pressies to help ease the pain .... a couple of bath bombs (rather appropriate I thought !!), 2 different teas, some perfume samples and a sample of another yarn and some roving.

2 comments:

vivian said...

We fought hard my fellow Sketchy Warrior! You were certainly killed with a fine looking pair of socks.

Marion K. said...

Mediocre huh????? Might I remind you which team was taken out first???? All of your attempts to get Pyke (the foster dog) to sabotage the event were for naught....I do believe that R2Sock2 took out that somewhat sketchy Team Sketchy first......

marionk aka asoxinator (who is now asoxinated but that's a different story!!!!)