Monday, May 12, 2008

What's in a name ??!!

well, everything ..... when your name is different, or strange, or unusual. I'm not sure what category mine falls under, but I usually have to repeat my name a second time when asked for it. as a child, I cant say that I really liked having a not so common name. everyone else was able to get something with their name printed on it .... but I never could (technology being was it was 100 years or so ago). I was named after my Mother's Brother (Dell), so from that point of view, I've like my name ... and to be honest, I've always probably enjoyed being a wee bit different from main crowd.


ok ... so I'm on Ravelry, and as work this morning has be SO busy and fascinating (NOT) .... I decided to go lurking around the profiles of strangers. I did a People search looking for "Della" .... and here is what I found (I'm not sure if I should be offended or proud ??!!)


members: 4 (including me)
dogs : 3
cats: 2
COW: 1 (ok, first of all WHO has a pet cow ??!! and where did you think of calling it Della ??!!)
pattern: 1 (this is the coolest thing ... I've e-mailed the person designing the shawl, as I'd love to see it when she's done)

No comments: